Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
May 28, 2021
Call for Expression of Interest for Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Sano Paila is seeking a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader for the position of Chief Executive Officer to be based at the Head Office (Birgunj, Parsa). This is the first in command, a leadership position responsible for giving the proper strategic direction and creating a vision for success.
Given the history of Sano Paila’s work – various interventions tailored to the diverse communities and varied cultures in which it operates – the aspiring candidate must have a deep understanding of diversity, social inclusion, and community mobilization challenges. S/he should have a strong ethos for inclusive and sustainable community development accessible to all groups within the community, especially the most marginalized.
The ideal candidate must be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader. S/he should be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of local settings keeping the humanitarian aspect in perspective. S/he will lead and train the management team, develop a high-performing culture among a group of diverse, talented, individuals, and oversee the executions of operations, fund-raising, programs and finance as overall.
Sano Paila is a non-profit, community organization based in Nepal that was established with help from the community in 2006. Over the past 14 years, Sano Paila has tackled several complex issues, including; drug abuse and treatment, child trafficking, crime prevention and reformation, education and livelihood, and crisis response.
Terms of Reference (ToR)
- Position Description
Title: Chief Executive Officer
Work location: Head Office, Birgunj, Parsa, Nepal (travel to regional/district offices)
Grade & Salary Range: Executive “E” Level 1/Negotiable
- Reports to: Sano Paila Governing Board
- Summary: Full- time role leading all internal executions to deliver measurable, cost- effective results that make the vision a reality as well as create efficient and effective systems to increase the productivity of Sano Paila
- Minimum Qualification Standards:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Leadership and Organization– Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect with staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weakness of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed
- General Management– Solid understanding of finance and human resource management; broad experience with full range of business functions and systems including: strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resource, and communications
- Strategic Vision and Agility– Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and adopt flexibility depending on the unanticipated problems the often arise in complex projects during implementation
- Capacity Building– Ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Exceptional creativity and problem- solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with high level of written and spoken English and Nepali
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to act and react as necessary in a high- pressure environment
- Ability to thrive as a self-starter and be a solution-finder to complex problems the often arise in the context of Nepal’s political, social, and regulatory environment
Education, Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required; however, this is not an absolute requirement
- Eight or more years of experience in strategic planning, business management, corporate leadership, and financial decision- making.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Sano Paila Governing Board and other departments’ heads, create yearly strategic plans and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it
- Serve as the leader of the organization:
- Create the annual operations plan and budget
- Lead the performance management processes that measures and evaluate progress against organizational goals
- Provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence for all staff
- Facilitate smooth flows of work and information between: head of all the departments, regional office(s), and the head office
- Lead and manage other senior positions and ensure implementation of all projects and activities, including regional operations managers
- Increase key impact measurements and ensure timely reporting and formulation of the reports for partners
- Finance, Technology, and Human Resources
- Coordinate and supervise Head of Finance
- Develop an accounting system as per the financial policy, providing the organization with quick access to financial information and enabling strategic budgeting
- Cultivate the values of Sano Paila and communicate the governing board’s message within the organization
- Instill a culture of apprenticeship within Sano Paila; upgrade human resources functions including: training, development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance evaluation and recruiting
- Analyze the current technology infrastructure and scope out the next level of information technology and financial management systems that support the growth of specific programs and the organization
- Play an important role in fundraising to meet the strategic goals and objectives
- Maintain good rapport with Sano Paila’s partners, donors and other stake-holders
- Management and Cross- Functional Collaboration and Other Duties as needed and assigned
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume emphasizing relevant experience by July 12, 2021 (Ashadh 28, 2078) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Sano Paila is an equal opportunity employer and has a demonstrated organizational commitment to diversity and inclusion.